Mexican Potato Pancakes Recipe
These are pancakes made wit potatoes and served with salad. It is a vegetarian dish with very nice flavor for children.
Servings: 20 pancakes
- 70 1/2 oz Cooked Potatoes
- 1 cup Cotija cheese
- 6 Eggs
- Peel the cooked potatoes and press them.
- Add cotija cheese, 6 eggs and mix well with your hands. Make balls and make them into a bun.
- Put them to fry in very hot oil and medium flame. When the pancakes are browned, turn them over to finish frying.
- When they are fried, drain them and put them on absorbent napkins to remove fat.
- erve on a bit of lettuce and accompany with cucumber and radish salad.
- You can also add ketchup, hot sauce or avocado to accompany.
- Normally, in Mexico, potato pancakes are eaten with corn tortillas.
- You can fill the pancakes with tuna and add ham to the mixture.
- The potatoes are steamed to keep their consistency and there is no need to add breadcrumbs or flour.