Cooked nopales recipes
This is a very easy and quick way to cook nopales and use them in different Mexican dishes.
Servings: 12 nopales
- 12 Nopales
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 3 Laurel leaves
- 5 Tomatillo leaves (optional)
- Wash and cut the nopales into squares or strips. It depends on the dish you are going to prepare after cooking the nopales.
- Add all the ingredients except for the tomatillo leaves in a pan and put them on fire.
- Wash the tomatillo leaves and add them when it begins to boil.
- Let boil for 8 minutes or until you see that nopales are soft.
- Remove from heat, drain and remove garlic, onion, laurel leaves and tomatillo leaves.
- Now you can use nopales to use in any Mexican dish.
- The leaves of tomatillo are used so that the cactus is not so slimy.
- If nopales are very acidic, you can add a pinch of carbonate.