“Caldo madre”, also known as “Fondo Blanco” is a chicken-flavored broth made to replace the commercial chicken concentrate, serving as a base for different soups.
Caldo madre recipe
- 2 lb Chicken wings (1 kg)
- 1 Leek
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Celeries
- 1 Onion
- 6 Parsley branches
- Cold water
- Put the water in a large pot. Add all the ingredients.
- Place the pot on the stove over medium heat.
- When foam appears in the broth, remove it so that the broth is clean. Let cook for 2 hours.
- Remove from heat and strain the broth with a clean cloth.
- Now you can use this broth as base for other soups. You can also add salt and eat as it is.
- This broth serves as a base for soup or soupy stews.
- You can use it to replace the commercial chicken concentrate.
This homemade broth made with chicken and vegetables is rich in nutrients, can serve as a base to prepare soups, sauces and any dish that has broth.
It’s not a salty broth, but if you use it as base of some other dishes, you can add salt to taste.