Pork Rinds With Beans recipe
Tasty fried pork dish with beans and nopal. The nopal is a typical vegetable and characteristic from Mexico that extends more and more around the world.This dish combines fiber with protein, giving a unique and exquisite flavor.
Servings: 10 people
Ingredients For beans
- 17 1/2 oz Black beans
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 0.8 gallons Water
- 1 Onion
Ingredients to cook nopales
- 10 Nopales
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- 5 Tomato leaves (Optional)
Ingredients for main dish
- 10 Nopales (Those we cooked earlier)
- 18 oz Pork Rinds
- Dried chili veins
- Chicken concentrate
- Clean and wash the beans. Place them in an express pot together with 0.8 gallons of water.
- Add onion, garlic and a little oil. Cover the pot when it starts to steam. Lower the flame and let it cook for an hour and a half.
- Turn off the heat, let the pot cool, uncover and boil again until the broth begins to thicken.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cut the nopales into squares. Place them in a pot with very little water (the water should not cover the nopales).
- Add half onion, 2 garlic cloves, 2 bay leaves and 5 tomato leaves (optional)
- Put the nopales to cook. When they are cooked, remove them from the fire and drain them.
For main dish
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Fry an onion cut into cubes and when it’s lightly browned, add the nopales and continue frying for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add pork rinds and dip it. Let boil for a few minutes until it’s soft.
- Add the chicken concentrate, the chili veins and epazote. Mix well and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and serve with hot totillas.
- Nopales can be boiled with tomato leaves so that they are not too sluggish after cooking.