Mole de olla (Pot mole) recipe
- 16 pieces Cooked pork meat (You can use chicken)
- 0.95 gallons Water
- 1 1/2 Onions
- 4 Garlics
- Chicken concentrate
- 7 oz Pasilla chiles
- 24 Italian pumpkins
- 5 Cooked corn cobs
- Boil the pork in 1 gallon of water. Add 1/2 onion, 2 garlic and salt. Let it cook for 40 minutes in an express pot or until the meat is soft in a conventional pot.
- Take the meat out of the broth. Place it in another container and boil the broth again with chicken concentrate.
- Grill the rest of the onion and garlic.
- Clean and unveil the pasilla chiles, and soak them in boiling water.
- Blend the chiles with roasted garlic and onions. Add pepper, cinnamon and cloves. After it’s blended, add it to the broth.
- Add pumpkins to the broth and let them cook until they´re “al dente”.
- Add the corn cobs in pieces and cooked.
- Add the meat and epazote. Let it boil for 3 minutes and check the seasoning.
- Serve 2 pieces of meat, 3 pumpkins and 1 piece of corn cob. Accompany with chopped onion, lemon juice and tortillas.
- You can make this dish with chicken, but it is better to use pork horn or pork knuckle.
- Preferably use meat with bones, this will give better flavor.
For cooked meat and corn cob
Before start, you need to cook the pork meat and corn cob.
The meat is washed and placed in the express pot, add enough water to cover it, salt, garlic and onion.
Cover the pot and wait for it to start boiling. From this moment count 45 minutes, turn off and wait a little until the pot can be uncovered.
The ears of corn are cut into three or four pieces each and boiled in salted water until well cooked.